Nickolaos Nikiforos Giakoumakis
Nickolaos Nikiforos Giakoumakis, PhD candidate
Laboratory of General Biology
School of Medicine
University of Patras
Rio, Patras, 26505, Greece
- Since November 2012: PhD student, Laboratory of General Biology, Medical School, University of Patras
- 2009 - 2012: MSc, Interdepartmental Master's Program Informatics for Life Sciences specializing in Bioinformatics.
- 2003 - 2009: Diploma, Biology Department, University of Crete, with expertise in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology
- Image analysis, functional imaging, live cell Imaging, FRAP, FRET, Quantitative Biology
- Cell tracking and Image Quantification
- DNA damage response pathways in different cancer cell lines
- Licensing factors in DDR pathways.
Honours & Awards:
- Eurobioimaging proof-of-Concept studies (2012).
- Erasmus LLP Placements: Three month visit in Institute of Research in Biomedicine of Barcelona (IRB).
- EMBL Corporate Partnership Registration Free Fellowship for the Advance Course: Advanced Imaging Techniques.
- Rapsomaniki, Kotsantis, Symeonidou, Giakoumakis, Taraviras and Lygerou (2012) easyFRAP: an interactive, easy-to-use tool for qualitative and quantitative analysis of FRAP data, Bioinformatics, 28(13):1800-1801
- Rapsomaniki, Cinquemani, Giakoumakis, Kotsantis, Lygeros, Lygerou. (2015) Inference of rotein kinetics by stochastic modeling and simulation of Fluorescence Recovery After Photobleaching experiments. Bioinformatics, 1;31(3):355-62.
- Kourti, Ikonomou, Giakoumakis, Rapsomaniki, Landegren, Siniossoglou, Lygerou, Simos, Mylonbis.(2015) CK1-δ restrains lipin-1 induction, lipid droplet formation and cell proliferation under hypoxia by reducing HIF-1α/ARNT complex formation, Cellular Signalling. (in press)